Despite Mississippi’s rich creative legacy, students throughout our state are growing up with less exposure to the arts. Rural and urban areas alike are in need of more resources and instructors to pass on life-changing lessons in the arts to the next generation of Mississippians.
THE MAX is more than a valuable opportunity for entertainment, economic development, and tourism. THE MAX is a place where students and visitors of all ages can come to learn the life stories of Mississippi’s legends, see the rough creative process behind the polished work and pursue their own creative interests through hands-on workshops and educational events in every area of the arts: music, dance, drama, visual arts and more.
Your support of THE MAX will directly help accomplish our mission to showcase our legacy, honor our legends and inspire the next generation of Mississippi artists. But its impact ripples well past our own walls: Because THE MAX will steer our visitors to important sites throughout our state — from Tupelo’s Elvis, to Indianola’s B.B. King, to Pascagoula’s Jimmy Buffett, to Jackson’s Eudora Welty, to Ocean Springs’ Walter Anderson and beyond — your contribution to THE MAX is felt in every part of Mississippi.
Individuals, families, and businesses can establish permanent named funds with The MAX. The earnings from these designated funds help establish and continue quality programs and educational offerings for future generations. Gifts will be designated as permanent funds by the Board of Directors of The MAX. The corpus of gifts will not be invaded, only earnings from the funds can be utilized for designated purposes.
- Youth Education Endowment
- Music Education Endowment
- Visual Art Education Endowment
- Endowed Visiting Scholar
- Assistantships and Fellowships for Graduate Students working at The MAX
- Music on the Plaza Fund
- Special Exhibitions Endowment
- Named professional positions including The MAX President, Curator or Historian and Museum Educator
- Lecture Series Opportunities
- Endowed Symposium
To discuss the giving opportunities, and many others, contact Erica Pannell, Director of Development at [email protected] or call 601.581.1550.
EQUIPMENT NEEDED FOR THE NEW MUSEUM
- Low mileage vehicle – (a small van or hatchback preferable.) For transportation of MAX staff and equipment around the state.
- We have an online contribution campaign for the vehicle. You can support our effort HERE!
- Baby Grand Piano – This piano will be used in the recording studio and placed on a rolling cart for use in other areas of the facility.
- Electric Ceramic Kiln and Potters Wheel
- Painters easels for studio classrooms
- Palate Jack for exhibits receiving area
- Heavy duty storage racks for exhibits receiving area